Committed to Your Health
Frequently Asked Questions
Our physicians would like to spend as much time as possible with you when scheduled for a physician on your visit. One of the ways that we can insure this is to have you in the exam room or procedure room on time. Delays in completing paperwork in the office keep us from having the patient ready to see the doctor or have their procedure at the appointed time.
Please make sure that you arrive thirty minutes prior to your appointment time and that you complete and bring the enclosed paperwork. We will also need your insurance cards and your medications each visit. It is normally easier for our patients to complete this paperwork at home where they have documents to which they can refer and have family members available who can assist them.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify our office as soon as possible at 941-917-4250, option 1. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for assisting us in giving you the best care possible.
Heart Specialists of Sarasota
To schedule an appointment at any of our two convenient locations, please call our main office at (941) 917-4250. Our switchboard hours are 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
When you call for an appointment, please have your calendar in hand and a list of possible dates and times that are convenient for you. If you are a new patient, please have your insurance card and social security number available as well.
Yes. Please fill out our Authorization to Release Medical Records to obtain any old medical records PRIOR to your visit with our physician.
To request a prescription refill, please call our main office at (941) 917-4250 and follow the recorded instructions to reach our prescription refill line. Leave a detailed message including patient name and date of birth, medication name and dosage, and pharmacy name and location.
Please allow 48 to 72 hours for your prescription to be refilled.
Lipid Clinic Patient Instructions
- You should fast (nothing to eat or drink except water) for 12 to 14 hours prior to your appointment. This includes chewing gum and candy.
- We will be drawing the specimen from your finger; drinking water the morning of your visit will be helpful for this process. We will obtain cholesterol and liver enzymes only. We do not have the capability to process other lab tests in our office.
- We will review the results of your tests during your visit and can send those results to your primary provider.
- It is extremely important that you bring an accurate list of your current medications and the dosages with you to your appointment.
- Taking your medications on the morning of your test will not impact the test results. However, if you prefer you may take your medications with a meal after your visit rather than on an empty stomach.
Our cardiologists at Heart Specialists of Sarasota are on staff at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Sarastota Memorial is the only hospital in Southwest Florida ranked among America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report – 6 years in a row. Sarasota Memorial has the second largest cardiac program in Florida and offers the most advanced diagnostics and minimally invasive procedures in the region, including drug-eluting stents, brachytherapy for bypass grafts narrowed by plaque development and the area’s only electrophysiology (EP) program. The patients have access to a full continuum of cardiac care.
See Attached Document: